Personal style is an evolution of your personality, creativity and how you carry yourself. As I get older, I incorporate what I’ve learned and my experiences into my personal style. These quotes by my favorite style icons have helped me remember who I am and develop my own sense of style:
1. “A girl should be two things: classy and fabulous.”~Coco Chanel. Two of my favorite adjectives.
2. “When you look like you stepped out of a catalog, that’s never good. People shouldn’t succumb to the trend, they should interpret the trend.” ~Rachel Zoe. I love trends, but I try not to become it. I make it work for my body and style.
3. “Over the years I have learned that what is important in a dress is the woman who is wearing it.” ~Yves Saint Laurent. Confidence and how you feel is everything.
4. “For beautiful eyes, look for the good in others; for beautiful lips, speak only words of kindness; and for poise, walk with the knowledge that you are never alone.” ~Audrey Hepburn. True beauty starts within.
5. “Fashion is not something that exists in dresses only. Fashion is in the sky, in the street, fashion has to do with ideas, the way we live, what is happening.” ~Coco Chanel
6. “Make it work.” ~Tim Gunn. I probably have a “make it work” moment every day!
7. “I believe in manicures. I believe in overdressing. I believe in primping at leisure and wearing lipstick. I believe in pink. I believe happy girls are the prettiest girls. I believe that tomorrow is another day, and… I believe in miracles.” ~Audrey Hepburn. Doesn’t this make you smile?
8. “Some girls on the street don’t have a lot of money, but they have the best style. It’s not about being able to buy everything in the store.” ~Nina Garcia. I’d like to think I’m one of these girls
9. “Fashion fades, only style remains the same.” ~Coco Chanel. My favorite style quote.
Not an official quote, but Coco Chanel used to recommend to take off one accessory before you leave the house. As someone who is prone to over-accessorize, this is great advice. Thanks Coco!
What are your favorite style quotes/advice? Who are your favorite style icons?