This weekend, we will turn our clocks forward and introduce Spring back into our lives. This means we should put away the sweaters and tights and embrace the new trends! These springs trends revisit the good parts of 70′s fashion such as jeans, sandals and florals and offer a modern twist. Here are J9′s Top 9 trends to follow this season:
1. Wedges: These oh-so-fab and oh-so-comfy shows are back in full force. Wedges can be found everywhere in all types of styles. Here is a style for work and one for play:
These styles can be found at Target starting at $24.99: http://www.target.com/Wedges-Womens-Shoes/b/359314011/ref=sc_fe_l_4_1041816_23?node=359314011
2. Flare Jeans: Pear-shape and curvy women rejoice! The most-flattering jeans are back in and give the skinny jean a run for its money! These jeans go with everything from flannel shirts to night-out blouses. I got mine at Old Navy, starting at $25: http://oldnavy.gap.com/browse/category.do?cid=5459
3. Blue Nails: Bold blues are a huge color for spring, even for your nails! Play around with all different hues. Below is a fun, daring blue for the weekend or vacay and a more subdued, toned down blue appropriate for work. Give it a try!
4. Bold Color Combos: For those of you who know me, I’m not a fan of outfits that are too matchy-matchy. I like to blend various colors together and mix prints as a way of exercising creativity. A big trend for this season is bold color combos. Mix oranges with pinks, or greens with yellows, go wild!
5. Vintage Florals: This feminine look possesses an overall cool vibe; perhaps it gives off the freedom-loving essence that was the 70′s. LC Lauren Conrad’s line has some adorable floral dresses that are great for Easter, showers and daytime dates. They are available starting at $36 at Kohls: http://www.kohls.com/kohlsStore/womens/dresses/trends/floral/PRD~752317/LC+Lauren+Conrad+Floral+Ruffle+Dress.jsp
6. Saddle Bags: These practical, yet stylish bags are back after a long time in hibernation. Rock these bags running errands or going out. DSW has some really cute ones starting at $19.99: http://www.dsw.com/shoe/poppie+jones+quilted+mini+crossbody+bag?prodId=212146&category=dsw12cat680002
7. Girly Hair Accessories: From headbands to bobby pins, hair accessories are a great, quick way to jazz up your hair. Whether you have long or short hair, these ultra-romantic, girly accessories are inexpensive and can really make an outfit. Starting at just $2.50, Forever 21 has some cute ones: http://www.forever21.com/product.asp?catalog%5Fname=FOREVER21&category%5Fname=acc%5Fhat%5Fhairgoods&product%5Fid=1081878632&Page=all&pgcount=25
8. Maxi Dresses: If you didn’t give them a chance last year, try again this spring. Maxi dresses are supper-flattering and are a necessary way to wear a dress in the summer in between shaving! They come in all kinds of colors and patterns. I got one from Marshall’s for only $14 and one from Target for $20, but you can find them for reasonable prices almost anywhere.
9. Fedoras: These entered mainstream fashion last year, but I love them so much I want to keep them around for years to come. I wore mine any chance I got and it not only looked cool, but it protected me from the sun! You can find all kinds of colors and styles for cheap at Old Navy, Target and Forever 21. Please get one this season…you’ll thank me for it!
That’s it! Now go shopping! What are your top trends this season?
Like J9 Style on Facebook: http://wp.me/p19G9g-2S